Awaken Logo

Awaken Logo

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hello World!


Today my husband and I went to our very first ob appointment! Yes, we're pregnant! We are so very excited about this little surprise! Shortly after I found out I was sitting in my floor one night praying and journaling when it hit me! This scripture penetrated all that I am:


The word of the Lord came to me, saying,
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
    before you were born I set you apart;
    I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.
Jeremiah 1:4-5

Also...

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

At this there was a whole new pressure! I mean "before I formed you in the womb I knew you...set you apart...appointed you.." WOW!! We were totally surprised by this baby, but God wasn't! He knew our baby before we even knew he (or she) existed. 

To think about all of the plans that God has for this little baby is overwhelming! I know that there is a purpose and a motion that is in this world that only our little baby can accomplish.

Not only do we get the amazing honor to live our lives everyday for our God, now we get to be a part of the great plans He has for this baby! There is so much pressure thinking about the responsibilities of being a mother, but I am confident that I am lead by the Father who created every one of us. With the Spirit's guidance and the support of loved ones around us, we can be great parents!

These are our lives, in every circumstance and situation we have the choice to be lead by the Spirit! So let's do and see how it changes our lives!

~Awaken Us~

No comments:

Post a Comment