Awaken Logo

Awaken Logo

Thursday, January 14, 2016

What We All Need, Everyday!

Today's post will be short, the message is simple. We all need Jesus. Not one of us are exempt. Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

I recently dealt with a situation in which the other person is not saved, and of course would be so much better off if they were. What happened was I got all "righteous" and I totally looked over the areas of fault that I had. I was guilty of Plank Eye Syndrome...

Matthew 7:3-4 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?"


I apologized to God and to this person. You see God loves with a love that gave everything! His redemptive love is what drew me near to Him, it is what draws most, if not all, of us to Him. There is nothing that can take God's love from us, but first we have to accept it! 

Exodus 15:13 "In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling."
Romans 8:38-39  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Today, let God's redeeming, never failing, never giving up, always and forever love guide your heart, your thoughts and your actions!

~Awake Us~
Brenna Stanford

No comments:

Post a Comment