Awaken Logo

Awaken Logo

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

New Moment, New Opportunity!

Do you ever just mess up? I do! I did this morning... My husband and I were discussing something and out of frustration I let a bad attitude take over. Immediately I felt regret. Unfortunately my flesh is very stubborn and I followed through on the task that my husband had asked me to do without stopping and returning to him with an apology.  The entire time I was doing it I felt God dealing with me. 

Do you children ever do something that they obviously know is wrong and the whole time you're just shaking your head like, Really? Come on now. That's exactly how I felt. In our next conversation we confronted the issue and I apologized and asked his forgiveness. 

I opened up my devo for the day and one of the scriptures referenced was a portion of Isaiah 55.

"For My thoughts are no your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord.
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

"For as the rain comes down,
and the snow fro heaven,
And do not return there,
But water the earth,
And make it bring forth and bud,
That it may give seed to the sower
And bread to the eater,
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to me void,
But is shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."

I want to encourage you today, that every single moment is a new moment, a new start. Each moment is a chance to let God take over. His ways are higher than ours! His word will not return void, but it will accomplish the good work He set out to do!

Take a moment and read Isaiah 55! Meditate on this word and let God blow through and awaken your soul to the joy and peace that he has for you!

~Awaken Us~
Brenna Stanford

No comments:

Post a Comment