Awaken Logo

Awaken Logo

Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Light

Have you ever been in total darkness? The kind of dark where you can't even see your hand in front of your face much less anything else.


Well this last week I experienced this type of dark. I had scratched my eye and had to patch it up. While this is not a life threatening event by any means I felt God speak to me through this. My other eye quickly grew tired of trying to see everything and do all of the work on its own. I would do the dishes, but by the end my hurt eye was hurting even more and the other eye was aching as well. For a part of your body so small, it sure is important. That is a whole different sermon in itself!

I remember laying on the couch frustrated and tired. Then I remembered all of the scripture about light.

John 8:12 - When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Genesis 1:4 - God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.
Even in the very beginning when God created light he saw that it was good. Then he seperated it from the darkness. So we know right there first hand that we are to be separate from darkness. 2 Corinthians shows us this in chapter 6 verse 14, Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

Psalm 119:105 - Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

Psalm 27:1 - The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
If you are in that place of darkness right now you can get out! 2 Samuel 22:29 says "You, Lord, are my lamp; the Lord turns my darkness into light." Look back to John 8:12 that says when Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” You can be free from the darkness! God want to light up your path (Psalm 119:105) and set you on a stand to shine to the world! All you have to do is choose. Romans 10:9 says that if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead then you will be saved!

There is no "right" prayer you have to pray or use the "right" words, feel it in your heart. Then talk to God!

Maybe you are a Christian, but you have let your light dim. Refresh that right now! God says to fan into flame our salvation (2 Timothy 1:6 - For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.)! It takes work and effort on our part, but we can be a light that shines through any darkness, no matter how dark it gets! Get back to that place with God, that secret place. The place where only the 2 of you go. Get there! Be filled again!

Matthew 5:14-16 - 14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

~Awaken Us~
Brenna Stanford

No comments:

Post a Comment