Awaken Logo

Awaken Logo

Saturday, January 5, 2013

God Has Not Left!

So I have decided to take on reading the Bible in a year. I have never read all of the Bible so I thought this would be a good way to do so. I also decided to read it in Chronological order instead of straight through, front to back. Today I started on the book of Job, I have read this one before. As I started into this book I felt God give me this epiphany. It was like there were puzzle pieces I already had,God just showed me how to put them together!

Incase you don't know the story of Job let me some it up for you. Job is this righteous, blamesless man who loves God. One day Satan goes strolling up to God and God is like where have you been? Satan says oh you know roaming the earth doin' what I do. Then God shows him Job and says you're not good enough to have him, he loves me. So verse 9 Satan starts in...

Job1:9-12 - 9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

12 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”
Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

After that the book goes on and tells the story of all that Satan put him through and his response to it all. In the end Job remains faithful to God and gets back even more than he lost!

As I read verse 9 - 11 God showed me how all the pieces of that puzzle fit together. We have been given the Bible, the active and living word of God as the guide to our life. It contains every example we need for every issue we have.

But have you ever felt like ALL of life's issues came down on you one right after the other? Well our example in these times is Job! Most of us will not have to face what Job faced, but we can look at his responses to even the most tragic situations. When you are in the middle of whatever storm and it feels like God has completely forgotten you, remember to remain firm in your faith! Keep on loving God and praising him. Because in the end you will end up getting back much more than you lost!

I can testify to God's faithfulness. I can tell you this as my family faces trials right now. We have a hope that is far greater than any situation or circumstance. Our Father's light can out shine even the darkest of darks! If you are a Christian, stand firm in that! If you aren't, you can be! You can have this hope. This victory! All you have to do is believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord and confess with your mouth that God raised him from the dead! Then you will be saved! (Romans 10:9)

Have a great weekend, knowing that there is a plan for you!

~Awaken Us~
Brenna Stanford

No comments:

Post a Comment