Awaken Logo

Awaken Logo

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Awakening: Something New!

I don't know what exactly it is, I just know that I am supposed to write. My mind has been racing with something, but it seems so far off that it is unobtainable! I just cant keep from thinking about the Awakening! So I went back and read Why Awakening?!, the story of the vision God gave me. You see I really can't stop thinking about it! I know that there is a new thing God is calling his people to!

For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. (Isaiah 43:19 NLT)

I remember the very night I first read this scripture. Even then it penetrated my being! That was before I could ever imagine that God would show me such a great thing.


I had the amazing opportunity to go on a mission trip this past summer. There, on a bus in Ecuador God spoke great things over my life. One of those was this new thing he has for me. It wasn't until later that's was able to put all of the pieces of the puzzle together, what pieces I have.

So I've known that there is something! I've seen the end result, but I have not figured out all of the steps to get there! That can be so frustrating to me! Meanwhile the are other people who are able to figure out how to spread the message. They have been blessed with platforms to do so, and I am grateful! I know this message and vision isn't just for me, but I still sit her feeling like I must be missing something. The has to be some way that I can do my part in this! And yet I feel the Spirit reminding me of what a person who I look up to very much said, remain consistent.

If you know me, then you know this frustrates the heck out of me! I am willing to remain consistent in my faith if it means I get to keep moving something forward! It's like the storms we have here in Oklahoma. When it's here then alright, you know what you're up against and how to get through it. What is killer is before it comes, the skies are a hue of green, the wind may blow but nothing is happening. You're just sitting, waiting. You have no clue when it will come, how strong it will be or when it will pass. You are just waiting, anticipating.




That's where I am. I want desperately for something to happen! I feel as though I am awake and living in a world that is asleep...


The thing is my Spirit can feel that there is something stirring in the air, it's my flesh that wants to go insane! I know that it isn't here yet because it's not supposed to be. I know that at the exact right time a door will open that will allow me to be used by God in such a greater way than I can even imagine!! What's awesome is that none of it is for me or what glory i could ever think about having. Every single ounce of it is for God's glory! That makes it all the more exciting!!

If this post wasn't for a single one of you out there I know it was for me!

~Awaken Us~
Brenna Stanford

No comments:

Post a Comment