Awaken Logo

Awaken Logo

Friday, October 19, 2012

Why Awakening?!

One night I was laying in bed and was at that spot where you're right on the edge of falling into a good, deep sleep when I saw people as far as the eye could see. These people weren't like your imagining right now, they had stood so still for so long that the dust and dirt had formed a shell around them. At that moment I could sense God saying "These are my people, these are my sons and daughters." I knew right then that this image of people so asleep was how God saw us; you, me, all of the people claiming Christ. Over time we have gotten into such a habit of church, that church is a habit, not an experience. We are going through our days unaware of what God is needing from us and out of us. The weight of this, the sorrow and heartbreak, was unbearable!

In that moment of distress God breathed over His children. As His breath made its way across each person their rocky shell began to crack. Then it crumbled and fell away! There was a new life! They were AWAKENED! I sensed the joy and glory God felt in this moment. What is even more amazing than that, everyone began to move together in one united direction, toward one united cause! It was absolutely breathtaking, just beautiful.

Right in the middle of the celebration, once more my heart broke as I saw some of these people standing still, some had a confused look on their face, and some were even walking in the opposite direction. At this I sensed God saying "These are not the people who you think they are, these aren't the ones you've seen as indifferent or unwilling. These people, they are my leaders. They are the ones who right now claim to be doing great works in my name, but when the time comes I will change the direction of my church. I will change the way of my church, and those leaders will be unable to accept this change." My heart was mourning! The law of association, we hear someone say leader and we think about the ones who have led us. You're probably thinking about your pastors and teachers right now, I know I was. I couldn't imagine! I began to pray and cry our for my mentors and leaders. I would never want that to happen to them! I also prayed for myself, I would never want to be the one who didn't move when God said move or jump when He said jump. Are you a leader?

This dream has consumed me! More and more each day I am hearing of other people who have never heard me tell this story, or don't even know who I am, discuss an "arising" or "awakening" or a "new thing" they feel God placing on their hearts. Awaken, according to dictionary.com, means to awake, awaken; rouse, wake up. It is happening, God has already sat it in motion! My plead is that every person will respond! Every person will wake up, rise up, and move! Will you wake up? Will you be a part of the body of Christ that is making their way to the one main goal?

~Awaken Us~
Brenna Stanford

No comments:

Post a Comment