Awaken Logo

Awaken Logo

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mighty Power! Colossians - Week 3, Wednesday

Colossians 1:28-29

28 So we tell others about Christ, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all the wisdom God has given us. We want to present them to God, perfect in their relationship to Christ. 29 That’s why I work and struggle so hard, depending on Christ’s mighty power that works within me.

Look at the world around you, how many of the people know and have a relationship with Christ? How many people live out their faith? Do you have a relationship with Christ? Do you live out your faith?

These are questions that this scripture causes us to ask. Are we warning and teaching everyone about Christ? You see we can do this by the way we live, our everyday activities. This is for me just as much as it is for anyone else. While I read this in my study this morning I was forced to ask myself this very question, Am I living my life so it can be an example for others. Not only that, I work in a church with Pastors!, is there anyone that I am investing time into? What about you, how many people do you have working around you all day at work or school that you have an influence over? What are you showing them?

It is hard work investing that much time into someone, but I love that we have an answer for it! Paul says that he has to depend on Christ's mighty power. That's fantastic! You know Christ has a LOT MORE power than we could ever dream about having, but all of that power works within and through us!

So today's challenge, ask God to lay someone on your heart that you can invest in. I know that was my prayer this morning. Some of you may work in environments where that can be difficult, maybe you work around pastors or your work is kind of a one person job, this is where we spend a little more time and effort. I look forward to seeing what God does!!

~Awaken Us~
Brenna Stanford

No comments:

Post a Comment