Awaken Logo

Awaken Logo

Saturday, November 10, 2012

How Do You Church?!

As I'm laying here in bed thinking about everything I need to do tomorrow before, during and after church, my mind wonders. I wonder about my attitude toward doing these things. I wonder about the people participating in all of these things. I wonder about you.

Are you going to church tomorrow? How are you going to church tomorrow? Are you yelling at your children or spouse all the way to the doors of your church? Are you already thinking about everything else you need to do? Do you go in your church and clap along out of habit, or because you're thankful to be there? While you're sitting there in service, are you actually listening and soaking up what's being taught or are you wondering what the scores are to your teams game? Maybe you're texting, on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Are you engaged or going through the motion

Who do you go to church for? Is it out of habit or so others can see you? Or is it because that's the only time you meet with your savior? Are you going to church to serve others and play your part in this team?

So I pray right now that God is speaking directly to you, and me, comforting your restless mind. Giving you peace about the day ahead, and laying on your heart where, how and why to serve. Someone who serves just because another asked or told them to will grow tired of it, but someone who serves because they know the heart of their Lord and wants to give back will be great! Let us know why we go to church and let us EXPECT GOD to do the imaginable, the unthinkable, the impossible!!

~Awaken Us~
Brenna Stanford

No comments:

Post a Comment