Awaken Logo

Awaken Logo

Friday, November 16, 2012

Awakening in Our Students

I really feel like God burdened me with this and the only thing I know to do is share it. Please if you are a parent, please take a moment and read this.

I was standing in a line the other day and there were some teenagers behind me. They were talking, but their conversation was not concealed or private at all. I could hear every word they said. As I am hearing these students talk about people, smacking, drinking, sex and other people my heart broke!

It was like I realized that even the "good kids" are falling into the same trap as the rest of the world. Parents let me say this, your student may be the most respectful and grateful teenager around, but that does not mean that they are making the rig decisions. What broke my heart even more than realizing what choices our students are making was realizing the standards our parents and the world are holding our students to.

I don't want this to be a post about how horrible everyone is, that IS NOT my intention. The purpose of this is a wake up call. This is the Awakening blog. We need to wake up and hold our students to higher standards! Someone told me last week that all teenagers will go through a rebellious party stage. That is false!!!! There are 2 young ladies that I know who have NEVER gone through that, they are both college aged. I have personally had a conversation with one of them and told her how I want my children to have a testimony like hers! This is also a wake up call to the students, you CAN make good decisions. In my bible study, this weeks scriptures have been all about how we have been given EVERYTHING we need to live a HOLY life!

I work with students and I want every one of them to make only good choices! I want parents to not accept that their students are "just going through a rebellious stage" or that "they're just teenagers". Those thoughts make me want to jump right out of my skin!

So please understand that there are people out there who have faith in your students! I know a youth pastor who is extremely passionate about your students and will do whatever it takes to help them. I will do everything I can! Students, you have a power inside of you that will help you overcome anything! You simply have to accept it!

~Awaken Us~
Brenna Stanford

1 comment:

  1. Brenna I was very moved by your blog and you are right Teenagers do not have to go through a rebellious stage.. I have 4 daughters and they all have loved Jesus and lived for him through those teen years and now are all serving God with all their hearts....One is now an assistant youth Pastor.. after graduating from Christ for the Nations in Dallas Tx...and our youngest girl is now 17 and planning on attending there as well when she graduates high school....we are to be different from the world's standards, and I want to thank you for all you do as a youth leader ...I know it is a great call and a great responsibility and Parents need to daily lift you up in Prayer for wisdom and strength to lead the Youth to an Awesome Saviour and to show this generation that they can truly walk in a righteous, holy life that can be the coolest thing on this earth..Thank you again for all you do and for the boldness in your blog

    ReplyDelete